"Believe what you believe, and what you know..."

"[With Black Moon Lilith in the First House]...You’ll be driven by a desire to carve out a space for yourself in the world that feels safe, authentic, and true. Since you become aware of the danger and cruelty of the world at such an early point in your youth, you will highly value situations in which you are able to be your real, dark, vulnerable-yet-powerful self. Lilith’s story is one of loss and wandering, and so too will you likely feel cast out, rejected, and like your life is a journey to finally find your way home to yourself..." - Midara

We've had pancakes for dinner. Eating what we have determines the menu. GF pancake mix with applesauce as a substitute for the eggs we don't have meant jiggling the way the batter cooked (it stuck) but not so much that we couldn't amend with a bit more coconut oil melting around the edge of the batter.

The weather report called for rain. Pete got our water buckets ready to catch the ua ka lani (the rain) and as I write, the heavy sound of hail began in slow pelting, then bigger and for a few seconds the ground was covered in white. I hear the drip of rain hitting the bottom of the buckets.

Now, hours later, the sun has set and there is no sound of rain. There are pollens alert to a drift of wind, potent for new life as the Dark Moon prepares for the New Moon in Aries -- an action-packed Moon. With so much of the action motivated by The Virus, there are restrictions and limits. We are all vulnerable, we all feel the wanderer, but what of those brothers and sisters who go 'nameless' because we have given them the tag 'homeless'?

I feel for them, and wonder about our friend C. I wonder because my personal 'lock-down' prevents me from seeing him in town, slipping him a few dollars, or a cup of hot soup and a couple cookies. What is happening to C. and the many who wander with immune systems taxed to beyond capacity. The folks that have been swept. How harsh can a verb be? To be swept.

My friend Liz is recently returned from an international journey. She is sharing unedited journal entries of her experiences, I read and comment, and then I stare into the dark ceiling of our wagon. 
" An hour ago grilled cheese sandwich and a fruit cup, the cup to use tonight for water... so much more than most of the world eats."
Several times in a day notices show up in my inbox from the town's major, or other government spokespeople. Informing and updating me, and my neighbors. Shutdowns and procedures are changing. "Don't empty the hand sanitizer dispensers into your Ziploc bag...that hurts everybody. Wear gloves to push the grocery cart."

On one of the few blogs I visit, one whose philosophy I embrace because the authoress has made a choice: "share as if there's no tomorrow." I listen to her four minute audio file and I am comforted. Her philosophy is: "My donation is to show up, because I can." About the folks that find her blog and comment, and support her with their donations (of different kinds) she appreciates the gives. It's enough. Then I hear that some people have loaded up their shopping carts with $500 worth of ... Who can afford that? And what about the grilled cheese sandwich and a fruit cup being more than most the world eats.

 ↺

NOW A BIGGER PICTURE ... from Mauna Kea, on Hawaii Island, Pualani Kanahele, on Sacredness of Mauna Kea 

I re-watch and listen to Pua speak of the Elemental nature of the forces that surround the people who are with her on Mauna Kea (and around us wherever we are). From a Hawaiian perspective there is no god or gods. There are specific names, e.g. names for all the different winds; names for the layers of space divided horizontally and vertically.

From my space on an island thousands of miles from Mauna Kea, I watched the rising clouds beyond the tree tops and name them as Pua describes the clouds. Between her voice and my listening I apply the tools of makua o'o.

observe, listening with my whole body ...
feel for the connection between my Hawaiian culture and application here, away from it ...
wisdom is found in many places, I soften the ground of my being ...

I apprentice with this kumu, the teacher and when she says, "Believe what you believe, and what you know ..." Don't believe what others tell you just because they speak with such authority ... "chuck it" if it doesn't fit, and come closer to home.



 Pualani Kanahele"Sacredness of Mauna Kea"
Kanaloa & 'knowing what you know...' 24:40

Comments

Popular Posts