Hypnotic, subtle and underlining solution for barking dogs during 'lock-down' ?

"When jazz wanted to be hypnotic, subtle and underlining the sense without imposing aggressively the meanings.....atmospheric instead of asking approval and acceptance from the listeners...not at all popularistic..." - a comment
 "I may have to leave," I said. Pete is outside, sitting in the car. We have a little separation, me at the keys in the wagon and he behind the wheel of Scout. There aren't many options for space even before 'lock-down' and now the choices condense.

There are barking dogs in one of the neighbor's rigs, with an open window. The dogs are alone. Some dogs are very lonely alone. And  many of them are very loud about it. This one or one of the three that live together, are loud and high-pitched barkers.

Leaving has been an option to barking dogs. We have lived near and left other barking dogs.

Just for today, and maybe as a different solution, at least for awhile, I'm doing something a little different. With my earphones on, I replay this recording of 'Cantaloupe Island' written by Herbie Hancock, over and over again, as I write. The barking disappears while the earphones and jazz are the underlining solution. The comment that begins this post ... a manta...

It helped me get through the hours of barking, with a small drive to the Langley harbor to be with the water, the shore, clouds over the Cascade Mountain Range, and patches of bright yellow dandelions. When I returned the dog was still barking, his sharp black snout poked through the window. But ... I had been hypnotized and life has covered new ground. 



Whew ... have a story about being hypnotized long enough to 'get through'?

RELATED LINKS:
"Watermelon Man" (Remastered) 2007

Comments

Popular Posts