New reasons to keep making one's own map

We had an email waiting in my In Box. It has to do with a transaction I kicked into gear yesterday. It has to do with buying something Pete and I learned about through reading and rereading a book. The book? The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane

This is the reply I sent in answer to the email just minutes ago:

"My husband Pete, and I appreciate your response very much. Your email is very clear, showing us you are aware of your source and the process involved. We came to your site, first because I love good decaf black tea and then we both read and re-read Lisa See's novel Tea Girl from Hummingbird Lane ... high mountain tea-growing culture based setting.
After breakfast and conversation we would like you to ship our original order.
P.S. I am a writer and long-time blogger and the topic of transactions and communication like you and I are having in this Time of Virus is my next blog subject. When I publish the article I will forward you the link.
Thanks again for your informing, respectful and human interaction. We look forward to our teas.*"
Earlier this morning I made an online donation (a tip) to one of two of my long-time favorite blogs. For many years I have written a small check, and mailed it, to support the work of a one-woman show. Things have changed. We don't go to the post office box; a new shopper and deliver person does that for us. Still the give-and-take of service for currency is valid, and valuable.

ElsaElsa, created and maintained by Elsa Panizzon was a life support for us when we began this safety pin life. It was her blog that inspired me to give blogging a try. Astrology is Elsa's bailiwick and not only does she know her stuff, she's generous, intelligent and interesting. I cite Elsa in my posts, linking often to her writing or that of Satori and Midari the other two regular writers.

Meaningful relationship matters to me. To know the folks who make my journey more interesting, enlivening, and respectful matters. I don't always agree with Elsa but I grow thanks to her work.  She makes it affordable for me to educate myself, and Pete, in the application of astrology in our everyday. My map is marked by the stops I make in our engagements.

a winter map once upon a time
From this seemingly small and compact golden wagon centric life a map of  interactions and connections is made, often, through virtual travel. It began, this virtual traveling, when face-to-face relationships, and hugging (one of my most favorite things, back in the day) became dangerous for me. Over and over I have told that 'poisonous apple disease' story. The tale continues to be true, mostly. Every story changes with the telling over time.

But then a message and a picture come to mark my map. A text. A mystery is set into place. What, exactly, is the message? From across an ocean and with thanks to the Cloud, we get what "Life goes on" means.

It's exactly that! New reason to keep making my map. My story is changed; I write because there is a tomorrow.


Have you gotten new reasons to keep making your own map?


RELATED POST & LINKS:
"Making One's Own Map"
"On disaster, joy and re-creating the world"
* ArborTea

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts