Bring me sunshine

 

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
I wanna fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
'Till I'm free
Oh, Lord, through the revolution ..."Time keeps on slipping into the future" Steve Miller

Pete was awake early in the morning. Me, not so much. I called to him from under the covers, "Is it still in the 30's out there?" 

"Let me check." The only door in our home opened as Pete stepped onto the porch. He's a long tall guy and could probably reach the dangling thermometer in our safety pin cafe. "Nope," the report started, "it's 28." Geez, no wonder my shoulders were crispy. Pete closed the door and turned the heat up.

We left O'ahu in the spring of 2008. Our winter there a memory of camping in our car on front lawns and beach park parking lots and unanswered questions about home, stability and time. The one thing that the winter of 2008 included that every winter since longs for is warmth. As time slips into the future, and we, Pete and me, age our revolutionary and unconventional life calls more clearly for a return to warmer winters.

The photo above is one taken of me bare-foot (just one) weaving ti leaf lei in The Quonset Hut in the woods of Forrest Lane. That bit of Hawaii (the ti leaf) was enough to warm some inner piece of me long enough to imagine sunshine where we were. It's that capacity -- imagination -- that keeps me going.

Later in the morning, with Pete now the one tucked snug under covers, I came to the keys and began my short yet regular journey to blogs that bring me sunshine. Terri Windling has been a long-time place of encouragement and surprising discoveries. Today Windling shared a bit of the real stuff of her life and added music and dance that turned me smiling big and dancing (in my seat) with earphones on. Myth & Moor's Tune for a Monday Morning included "Bring Me Sunshine".

I'm sharing the link and the tune here to share a safety pin that brought on the smiles.


 This weekend I went on a walk through the Cedars here near Camp Bamboo.

And drove myself to the beach when my attitude was plunging into ugly water. My friend and astrology reminded me and her readers on ElsaElsa that "The water was wine." She was right.

I shared the walk and the windsurfers with my Son and his Family in Kane'ohe, on the island of O'ahu. And, thawed a big fat chicken for a Safety Pin Cafe crockpot chicken for the Five People who live here on the land of Camp Bamboo. I found this email when I woke up:

 "Thanks, Moki!   Delicious!   Nice to come home to a meal.xo"

That's the thing about living in these times, the best and the worst of experiences spread from the center if I make room for it. This little DELL keeps being the tool that makes story connect from here ... to there. 

Bring me sunshine I like that.
 

Comments

Popular Posts