Wisdom is found in many places, and what magic is


A year ago a safety pin and needles sewed a patch. Hover over the photo to read a small story.

The smell of Quinoa cooking seeps into the wagon. Pete yawns, wakes with his (first) wisecrack of the day and I sit to get a feel for any story wanting to be told. It may be the story of hunger that wins out ... we'll see.

Earlier this morning I pull open the rug-door and there was Purpza. The rabbit we befriended and named in the winter is the only one that comes close. A large deep hole in his face just under his right eye, winked at me during the cold, wet months. I watched the wound closely and fed him Chickweed, often. We wonder about this bond, suspecting our friendship has jostled the balance of rabbit-ness in his wild  world. Did we get too close with this favored son relationship? Is that why he's so beat-up and bullied now?
 ↫
 '"We cannot lie. If we were to lie the spirits would vex us. Now please let me continue. A spark lights a fire. Water sprouts a seed. The Akha way tells us that a single moment changes destinies. Therefore, the nima and I have searched through time to find the instant that changed every person in Spring Well..."
 Everyone instinctively recoils.
I felt the ruma had magically understood everything that had happened, but now I realize his gifts may have less to do with magic than with interpreting the world around him in a magical way."  - The Tea Girl from Hummingbird Lane, Lisa See
 

Saturn has moved just far enough in the heavens to cross the imaginary border between the astrological signs Capricorn and Aquarius. The slow moving planet of 'substance' brings the responsible nature into that arena of "The Age of Aquarius", where freaks' flags fly.

Sequestered as we all are in our space there is less distraction. The space demanding(Saturn) our attention is the space within.

Hover over the Quinoa plant and read the recipe for Fluffy Quinoa
The mixed seeds of crunchy Red and Regular Quinoa were cooked perfectly. A simple food to prepare, there is a subtle yet important finesse necessary to make a pot of fluffy Quinoa. 


Now that the seeds play a major part in satisfying our hunger, I pay closer attention.

What changes are happening in your recipes while you are 'sheltered-at-home'?



Comments

  1. What a lovely read this is!! I just found your blog, and it will now be a regular read for me. I do love blogs, and so many that I used to follow... don't blog anymore. Your blog is delightful! (I LOVE Quinoa!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Angie, so happy to see your comment and find ONE MORE QUINOA fan. Ya.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. YES! I'm missing it, and I read Sweet Mona's available to order online. !! Maybe Sawyer (the delivery guy) will pick some up for us:)) if we order half-dipped macaroons. Yeehaa.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts