Resiliency is a verb ... an action word, meant to be experienced

 "Resiliency is a verb, not a fixed goal."- Susun Weed and Linda Conroy
A sunny spring day here on the Fairground Campground. Many RVs attach to the bibs for water, and sockets for electricity. "Locked-down, settled in, staying safe" our neighbors increase over the weeks since The Virus. Life is changing in ways visible and invisible. Without seeing it, I notice the increase of sound from moving cars and truck as the drivers roar with the pent-up energy of containment. The rabbits, bunnies and hares temper their activity when it's hot, cooled off by digging shallow pockets or tucked under the shade to hang-out.

Pete did a short and necessary round of errands to fill our water bottles with filtered water -- used to make our quarts of Nourishing Herbal Infusions -- and pickup a bottle of Usnea Tincture from our neighbor, the wild crafter, to round out our Wise Woman Ways apothecary.

The other evening we listened to Wise Woman Traditions grandmother, Susun Weed and Wisconsin herbalist Linda Conroy in a conversation entitled, "Resiliency in the Context of Covid-19." I wrote about the teleseminar here. The conversation infuses in me -- like a nourishing herbal infusion -- as Pete and I listened to the conversation again for reinforcement.

As I sit and draw on the lively and encouraging interchange of those two women, I add to it the prayer of my Hawaiian Ancestors, "Na 'Aumakua' and the song 'Kaulana Na Pua" written for Queen Lili'uokalani while she was imprisoned. Hawaii's last monarch chose to back-down from the American take-over of the Hawaiian Nation. She chose the longer story of resiliency.


 And then, Kaulana Na Pua extends the potential to act with resiliency.

Last night we received a timely post from poet and essayist, Aurora Levins Morales. She is in Puerto Rico, re-rooting in the red dirt of her homeland. Her message has been steeping in me ever since, as most of her writing -- medicine stories -- has that affect on me. One thought really nourishes me and I feel that measure rooting itself in me. In her essay to her Patreon supporters, Levins composed "Building Soil" and this is the line I most needed today:
  
"I realized I needed to recommit to one of my guiding principles: my morale is my most precious resource." - Aurora Levins Morales
Yes! I believe the action most necessary for me, at this time (with many planets retrograde), is "Estoy recondiciendo. I am backing up." For awhile, for as long as it takes for me to recommit to building my morale ... I will leave the blog with the safety pins fastened thus far. 

I hope there is something here to boost your morale, and your resiliency. Check the RELATED links below for some encouragement, mojo flan, and compassionate self care. I will rest, and pull my ukulele out to strum and make up song to strengthen my roots and slowly grow the story Pete and I have started for our Little Frog.

Ola Kakou!


A hui hou,
Mokihana


RELATED:
"Remember When You Liked Yourself" - Satori on ElsaElsa
The Best of Friends






Comments

Popular Posts