Loving the bamboo out of you

The words keep singing in my head

My voice collecting memories 

Patch work or long-played records

A reverie too sweet to forget

Those dreams we had were swell you see

Like mango season endlessly

How could I keep from telling tales again

The words keeping singing in my head.

The rainy season has started, and though sometimes there is a pause, once started it don't stop. We have pulled ourselves and this old wagon into the flat but soggy patch of land beside the giant grasses.

Yup, by the calendar we have truly been living at the edges, and oh boy, how we have leveraged many old beliefs for new ones and to date I'm thinking those big grasses, that bamboo, is filled with water to make a brand new tune. 

Astrologically, we started while I was at the tale end of a practical progression (30 years) of Capricorn Sun, my man, Pete, was already well-into his progression as a Virgo. He was ready to make a solid thing of home -- it would be small, but it would be well-honed. It's these progressions that have got hold of me encouraging a future vision and practice being Aquarius; still new at this with seven years I'm still feeling my way. I'm seeing this as the gift to embrace and rise from those ashes of the Phoenix. A gift to my source of origin as a Scorpio. 

I'm looking at how to love the bamboo out of you -- life, my unfolding path There is no logical progression here, this story, fuel for the morning after delirium. I just put that title down, and then? Went rummy. Isolated, I stay inside, rest, stitch and work with words,  I pace it, to figure how to love the bamboo out of you.

always imagining room for company (maybe, ought to space them more covid-sensitively)



What I'm feeling is an evolution

It don't happen overnight

This thing is what a life is

Comes at you, left and right

And sometimes it a fight to win

But mostly it's just growin'

Like noticing you don't fit that thought

The dress that was skin-tight

What I'm talking about comes

Suddenly, a text, a single line

"Life goes on" it says

Old girl you'll be a 

Gramma soon so write

The story long enough

To love the bamboo out of you.

Just right.


While I am stitching, Pete's outside making the most of a mostly sunny day, helping out around the land near Camp Bamboo.



And one final source to feed that love for you? A set of silly videos of bountiful thanksgiving to friends who've loved me so.

Friends have given me warm, cozy and colorful hats over the seasons. I thank you in this flowing glide of words and pictures with my very very wonderful Dikka Ballantine original fleece cap!!! 

And then, to keep my feet both dry and cozy ... a second part of rubber boots (which must be looked at from a slant) now kick in from a back-up position and if that's not a picture of loving the bamboo out of you well I can't help that. Thanks Ter.


Comments

Popular Posts